Happy 10-Year Anniversary to Your Computer Tutor
What were you doing 10 years ago? I was launching Your Computer Tutor, my first entrepreneurial venture. In some ways, 10 years seems like the blink of an eye; but when I consider how much technology has changed in 10 years, it feels like a lifetime has passed!
Back in 2008, when Your Computer Tutor started…
- …the iPhone was a little over a year old
- …the Android operating system had not yet launched
- …only 22% of Americans had a smartphone (the market was dominated by LG and Blackberry). Compare this to about 77% today.
- …tablets had not been introduced to the mainstream yet (no iPad’s)
- …most of us accessed the internet only from our desktop or laptop PC’s
The pace at which technology changes can be difficult to keep up with, but I continue to thoroughly enjoy learning new technologies as they are introduced and helping others leverage the right tech tools for their businesses.
Your Computer Tutor’s services have expanded significantly since 2008. I’ve added support for websites (WordPress and others), GSuite, as well as various cloud storage and productivity services that we hadn’t even heard of 10 years ago (e.g., iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.).
Thank you to all of my clients — many of you have been with me from the very beginning and I so appreciate your trust and your referrals.
I wish everyone continued better living through technology, and look forward to more work together – @Your Pace, @Your Place.